UPDATED: 10/11/2022 at 14.30
See below for the final set of published documents and rota's for the festival. This page will not be updated again before the festival.
There may well be qwerks or anomalies in these fairly chunky documents, so apologies if this is the case for you. We have to draw a line somewhere with these! If you have any queries that cannot be dealt with in person when you register at the festival then please use the facebook group or email Beth on email@example.com.
Please read through the following information and various documents linked in the 3 main headings below:
1. The 2022 Volunteer Information Document (opens via google drive). This should have the answers to most of your questions and give you lots of useful and essential information about the festival, volunteering, tasks, roles and other top tips. Please take some time to read and digest this.
2a. The FINAL Weekend Rota Version 3 (opens via google drive).
This is the final published version of this rota covering Thursday - Sunday of the festival period. We apologise again for any querks, queries, anomalies or errors - it is a complex rota with nearly 100 people on it covering multiple venues so these are likely. We have to draw a line somewhere. Any changes will now be dealt with you on an individual basis. Do not worry - if you have any non-urgent queries, niggles or concerns please let us know when you register at the festival and almost everything can be dealt with at the time. If it is urgent (or to tell us you are no longer able to volunteer) please email Beth on firstname.lastname@example.org.
2b. Here is the specific Thursday rota (opens vias google drive) to give you more detail for anyone volunteering on Thursday daytime or evening. This includes where to report for your shift.
3. The Brewery Arts Centre Specific Rota for each day can be found below.
This will detail your 'Brewery' shifts. Please see the handbook for details of specific roles. It is a particularly complex little beasty. We have tried to incorporate requests where we could. A few points to note:
- This does not include any parties or build up/clear-up days (Mon-Weds) - if you have volunteered to help at any parties or before/after the festival please liaise with Beth
- This is subject to last minute changes and any 'gaps' or 'TBC's' may well be filled between now and the event. Please be prepared for some flexibility and double check with Beth or Sarah when you register at the volunteers on arrival at the festival.
Here they are (they open via google drive links):
Volunteers evening - For those of you unable to join us last Friday:
Here is the recording of the evening: https://youtu.be/8ZHxcFUok1w
Here are the slides: Slides (in PDF format). NB: Large file size.
Other information and documents yet to be uploaded:
For Town Hall, Leisure Centre and Basecamp shifts (which are much more straightforward venues from an operational perspective) please just report in to the venue at the required time as per the main rota above for a team briefing and you will be given an overview of your shift on arrival by the relevant venue manager.
For those of you who have kindly offered to help on Monday - Wednesday of festival week and the Monday - Tuesday after the festival, we will be recruiting fo this on the volunteers evening. Please report to the locations and times as per the rota. If you are reporting to the KMF office this is the address (it is the blue door with the mountains painted on it): Tanners Yard, 39 Highgate, Kendal LA9 4ED
Please bear with us - things start to get very busy from now so please bear with us. Please also look out for emails from Beth Pipe from email@example.com. Any general queries please use the facebook group.
Food on festival weekend - You are of of course welcome to bring a packed lunch and this can be left in the volunteers room's at each of the venues along with your bags etc. All of the volunteer rooms at the main venues will have hot drinks facilities, biscuits and snacks for you to tuck into. In terms of general food provision at the festival the headlines are:
- The Basecamp has a food court this year with a variety of food concessions. It is a 5 min walk to the Basecamp and a little further if you want to go into town.
- The Brewery (as far as we know) are not providing any specific food aside from their Grainstore Restaurant menu (we have no juristiction over what the BAC choose to offer).
- The Town Hall is located close to Kendal and there are various shops and cafes available very close by.
- The Leisure Centre has a bar and a food concession, but this will not be all day. It is a 5 minute walk to the nearby Spar shop or 10 minutes walk to ASDA.
Breaks - There will be peaks and troughs through the day and your venue manager will talk through break times/opportunities with you when you have your team briefing at the start of your shift. The Brewery rota does identify a few break times but there will also be other ad-hoc times through the day and we have specific roles to provide cover for breaks. Please be assured we will do all we can to ensure you have ample time for breaks.
Facebook group - if you have not yet - please join the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kendal2021volunteers (if you think you have, but you have not had your request approved yet, this may be because your facebook name is different to that which you have applied to us with - if this is the case please email firstname.lastname@example.org). This is where most of the various last minute updates will be posted (but if you are not on facebook do not worry just email or catch Beth over the weekend).
For those who cannot make it to the volunteers evening on Friday 4th November at 7pm at the Brewery we will upload the slides and recording from from the Presentation here afterwards.
Here are the Brewery Arts Centre venue procedures (updated 02/11) You will need to famliliarise yourselves with these and sign off you have read them when you collect your t-shirt and lanyard.
Thanks all, Beth and Tom