The Patagonia and Kendal Mountain Festival Adventure Activist Tour returns for 2019
The Patagonia and Kendal Mountain Festival Adventure Activist Tour returns for 2019 Kendal Mountain Festival is again teaming up with campaigning brand Patagonia, to host a three-date speaking and film tour.
Patagonia exists at the forefront of environmental and social activism. Protection and preservation of the environment aren’t just what they do after hours; it’s the reason they’re in business.
The Adventure Activists Tour is a grassroots movement for change, focusing on the environmental issues that affect us on a daily basis. The aim of the tour is to encourage action and change through a combination of inspiring talks, thought-provoking films from top adventurers, and building awareness of how to get involved through local, active NGOs.
The Adventure Activists Tour will be delivered over three dates this autumn.
Starting in Plas Y Brenin in North Wales on Thursday 10 October, we will travel on to Ellis Brigham in Covent Garden on Thursday 7 November before finishing at Drygate in Glasgow on Wednesday 4 December.
Here are the 2019 activists who will be joining us on stage to raise the profile of environmental plights through adventure:
- Cal Major - ocean advocate, explorer and founder of Paddle Against Plastic
- Dom Ferris – environmental campaigner and founder of Trash Free Trails
- Clare Dyson – low-impact equestrian adventurer
- Lauren MacCallum – mountain biker, snowboarder and campaigner for land access rights
- Chris Hines – environmental campaigner, MBE and co-founder of Surfers Against Sewage
- Robbie Philips – Patagonia brand ambassador and high-profile rock climber
Tickets and more information - https://adventure-activists.com
Join us this autumn, get involved and make a difference!